LittleBigHospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 things that make a Good Level.

Go down

6 things that make a Good Level. Empty 6 things that make a Good Level.

Post  steven8says Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 am

Hey there! I'm Steven and I'm looking for some new and amazing ideas for creating LBP levels. I like the idea of this site i just wish more people knew about it then it would be a little more useful. Until then i guess i will post my ideas in hopes of finding new ones. My user name for LBP is "THK-127". I have recently been thinking about what makes a good LBP level.

sunny HOW TO MAKE A GOOD L.B.P. LEVELsunny

1. Theme - Sack-boys like themes, especially themes they know like movies, books, games, or other media.

2. Objectives - Once they enter your world what are they doing there? What is their goal? Where are they going? Objectives keep the Sack-boy in suspense for what might come next...

3. Main Character - When you have a main character that needs help or helps the sack-boy it gives you ideas for obstacles, themes, and objectives.

4. Movement - Sack-boys are always on the move and hate getting stuck or having to back track, keep a flow in your level to keep those little hearts pumping

5. Play LBP - It never hurts to play and heart other peoples levels, don't become a level creator addict! Take some time to play other peoples levels and get out the tracing paper. If you see and obstacle you like just try and mimic it in your level and no one will ever know. Just burn the tracing paper.

6. Too easy and Too hard - Sack-boys get frustrated with levels that are too difficult and leave even after reaching the end. Levels that are too easy make the Sack-boys board and they leave early also. Try and find a balance of Fun and a Medium difficulty.

I could go on an on and analyze why people play the levels they do and why people heart others over yours, The problem is advertising! The more you play with other people you don't know the more you should play your levels you created. If they liked them then they will most likely heart them and or search for them later.

steven8says
Basic Cardboard

Back to top Go down